Friday, August 12, 2011

Camp Joan - Day 8 - The dog days of summer.

*Sorry, we can't do anymore camp joan updates =( *

Today was essientially a lazy day for us campers. In the morning Sara came over and she brought Chewy with her. Chewy was a very nice dog, and maybe a bit too friendly. Whatever.

After playing with Chewy and creating a box village, Molly and Miles went into the pool. I decided to join them. After swimming for about 2 1/2 hours, I went back. Theo came home from camp and we had dinner a while later. After that, we decided to go to Hoffman's Funland.

The Funland really did look like, well, fun. Really fast rides dotted the lot, and there was even a train going around the whole park. I decided to go onto the Bumper Cars first. Molly and I had an epic chase around the center, but then 3 other people came in. That's when things got bad for me. I got stuck at one point and everyone else decided to "help" me by slamming into me. The seatbelt was too tight, just my luck...

After that, we decided to go on this ride who's name I forget. The Spin and Twirl or something. Huh. Anyway, it was okay. It was pretty much the teacups that we've all been in at one point or another, only elevated a bit. Then, came the big guns...The Scrambler.

The Scrambler is pretty much four little boxes strapped onto four metal poles. Multiply those times three, throw in some heavy speed and narrow misses and have the boxes spin and boom, you have the Scrambler. The first ride was terrifying, but the second ride was great.



After that, we went down to Scoups (I know it's spelled incorrectly, but that's the name of the place. Scoops with a "u") and had ice cream. After that, we headed back to Camp Joan.

Since we are headed back tomorrow, I'm very sorry to say that this will be the last blog post as of this year - we're probably gonna come back next summer. I would like to thank everyone who read our blog, Uncle Len, Aunt Joan, and the chair that I'm sitting on.

Quote of the day:
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" - Molly and I on the Scrambler.

A look back:



















3 comments:

frankp said...

..assuming you're invited back next summer.

Anonymous said...

Counselor Joan here...we are already discussing overnight field trips to West Point and Montreal for the next Camp Joan.

Sara said...

Chewy really enjoyed participating in the Camp Joan Olympics!