Thursday, August 7, 2014

Camp Joan, Year 4, Day 5 - Aw Hail No

I'm really not qualified to post today. After finishing off our Orchard pizza from last night, Molly, Uncle Len and myself took the 50 drive to Jiminy Peak in the land of double consonants, Massachusetts. The only thing I did was ride the Mountain Coaster once. I was planning on riding the MC twice and the Alpine Sled once. Unfortunately for us, it rained before we showed up so the sled was closed. The only rides open was the Mountain Coaster and the Screaming Eagle.
Calm down, sir. You are having waaaaay too much fun.
Because of this, the wait for the Mountain Coaster was about 15 minutes long. Like a lot of things when I was little - the Star Wars prequels, Spongebob, spending time with my sister - it wasn't as fun as I remembered it. Waiting in line for 15 minutes and riding for two was just...eh. I called it a day there. Fortunately, Uncle Len and Molly had a much better time. The two went on the Screaming Eagle, which Uncle Len enjoyed, and the Mountain Coaster. I sat around and toyed with my phone as the ominous, ominous storm clouds rolled in like the mist before a Horseman of the Apocalypse shows up.
Think of the exact opposite of this.

After Len and Molly returned from the coaster, we figured we'd head in the tavern and wait out the rain. We ordered the Mile High Fries, which were good. For some reason, no picture of them could be found online. Here is an artist's interpretation.
Perhaps next year should be Camp Drawing
Once we finished up those, we started the drive home. While passing through Sand Lake, rain started falling. By the next town over, we could barely see through the sheets of rain. I thought it was really really bad until the hail started falling. Our windshield was like the side of a battleship; one wave of tiny ice rocks after another battered the glass. It slowed down for a second and I started to think Hey, it's slowing down! My brain was immediately punished for such silly ideas as the hail only got worse from there. When the cloud finally moved east as we moved west, the ground was like a recent snowfall.

We had pasta after we got home, I got new earbuds (old ones broke) and started watching Agents of SHIELD. Tomorrow, we get joined by Theo and Frank! Also tomorrow, our class takes a field trip to the humane society/shelter.

For more details on Jiminy, read last year's post here: http://campjoan.blogspot.com/2013/08/camp-joan-year-3-day-6-jiminy-peak.html

QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"Since when did we need a quote of the day?" - Dan's Brain

No comments: